NEED HELP TO REACH CUSTOMERS AND SELL ONLINE?
Let’s overhaul your tourism business’ digital presence!
Join our new Digital Accelerator + Mentor Program
From Facebook and Instagram to ATDW and Google My Business, there are a lot of ways to promote your tourism business online and limited time to do it in. Our Digital Accelerator + Mentor Program has been designed to help tourism operators in the Riverina Murray region like you. Get personalised feedback, learn about how to improve your tourism business’ digital presence, and join our 3-month mentoring program for extra support and guidance (conditions apply).
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
Eligible applicants include visitor attractions, accommodation properties, events, tour providers and other businesses servicing the visitor economy. Applicants must be located or primarily operate in one of the following local government areas:
• Balranald Shire Council • Griffith City Council
• Berrigan Shire Council • Hay Shire Council
• Bland Shire Council • Leeton Shire Council
• Carrathool Shire Council • Murray River Council
• Edward River Council • Murrumbidgee Council
• Federation Council • Wentworth Shire Council
Additional selection criteria will be considered by a panel of industry stakeholders including business location, impact of prolonged drought and COVID-19, maturity of tourism product or experience, existing online presence, ability to promote positive outcomes of water usage for tourism purposes and demonstrated ability and capacity to achieve the desired project outcomes.
THE MENTOR PROGRAM
A 3-month Mentor Program will be available for 15 tourism businesses across the 12 eligible LGAs. Key outcomes of this program will include:
• Linking and maintaining Google My Business and ATDW listings;
• Developing and maintaining a social media presence;
• Creating a website with booking functionality eg. tours or accommodation, or e-commerce functionality to sell goods online eg. wine, produce etc; and,
• Establish contracts with domestic Online Travel Agents (OTAs).
More information regarding the mentor program will be available when the mentor program EOI process opens at the end of October.