Destination Management Plan
Murray Regional Tourism (MRT) have developed a Destination Management Plan for the Murray region, to guide the growth of the visitor economy between 2023-2027.
Providing an overarching tourism strategy, a clear developmental direction, focused product development and support for infrastructure, MRT has set about realising its goal of making the Murray region a must visit destination for visitors.
The DMP was reissued in 2023 to incorporate the 2023 Victorian Visitor Economy Master Plan and the NSW Visitor Economy Strategy 2030.
Destination Local Area Plans
Murray Regional Tourism has developed Destination Local Area Plans which are key appendices to the overarching Murray Region Destination Management Plan.
The Local Area Plans are strategic documents that capture local aspirations and directions at a high-level to inform the Murray Region Destination Management Plan 2023-27 (above) and NSW Riverina Murray Destination Management Plan 2023-30. This has ensured local needs and priorities have been captured across both Destination Management Plans.
Download the Destination Local Area Plans below.
- Greater Hume Local Area Plan
- Albury Wodonga Local Area Plan
- Corowa Rutherglen Local Area Plan
- Yarrawonga Mulwala Local Area Plan
- Cobram, Barooga, Tocumwal and surrounds Local Area Plan
- Echuca Moama Local Area Plan
- Deniliquin and surrounds Local Area Plan
- Koondrook Barham and surrounds Local Area Plan
- Swan Hill Local Area Plan
- Mildura Wentworth Local Area Plan