Murray Regional Tourism, in partnership with Destination New South Wales and Destination Riverina Murray, has created a brand new campaign, The Murray – Best Shared, based on the concept of creating remarkable travel stories visitors can’t wait to share. The campaign showcases incredible tourism experiences visitors can have in The Murray, that are distinctive and memorable enough to share with their family and friends.
The Murray is already an appealing and established holiday destination for domestic travellers aged over 50. With that in mind, this new campaign aims to drive overnight visitation and increase length of stay among a younger demographic of 30 to 50 years of age. The Murray – Best Shared campaign will attract a younger generation to The Murray, while not disconnecting from the established older market, by leveraging the existing Legendary River Stories positioning, and presenting compelling food and drink, golf and nature-based travel experiences.
Wednesday 28 August 2019
The audience: Adventurers
The Murray – Best Shared campaign targets Active Couples, 30-50 years of age from Melbourne, regional NSW and Victoria.
The secondary target is young, active groups, couples and solo travellers over 30 years of age. These segments love getting away from it all in natural surroundings, exploring water-based adventures, bushwalking and sampling local food and wine.
- Visit The Murray and Visit NSW websites
- Visit The Murray Facebook and Instagram video and newsfeed advertisements
- Visit NSW Facebook and Instagram video and newsfeed advertisements
- Display banner advertising
- Public relations activity
We encourage tourism businesses across The Murray region to get involved in the campaign by:
- listing your business — accommodation, tours, food and drink venues, events and visitor attractions — on the Visit The Murray, Visit NSW and Visit Victoria websites by creating a product listing at GetConnected (NSW businesses) or the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (Victorian businesses).
- linking your online booking system to your GetConnected or Australian Tourism Data Warehouse product listing so users can book directly through the Visit The Murray, Visit NSW and Visit Victoria websites.
- sharing The Murray – Best Shared content across your social media channels, using the campaign hashtags #visitthemurray, #newsouthwales, #visitvictoria and #yourhappyspace when posting.
- using the new campaign imagery and messaging available via the Toolkit (password = bestshared) to update your own website and marketing collateral.