There are a range of grants offered to businesses and events each year by Local, State and Federal Government, with a few of the latest tourism grants listed below. However, the type and availability of grants varies periodically, so it is best for businesses and event promoters to consult with the Murray team to help identify the grant funding options best suited to you.
Visit Victoria Regional Events Fund
The $20 million Regional Events Fund 2016-17 to 2019-20 is designed to support the attraction, development, marketing and growth of events in regional Victoria in order to:
- increase economic benefits by driving visitation from outside of the region and the State and extending length of stay and yield;
- showcase Victoria’s key regional tourism strengths and build Victoria’s reputation as an events destination; and
- develop a sustainable calendar of regional events.
This new funding stream supports the securing of new events as well as the enhancement of existing events, so provides a range of great funding opportunities for regional events.
Regional Flagship Event Program (NSW)
The Regional Flagship Events Program identifies and supports events in regional NSW that have the potential to act as a ‘cornerstone’ or flagship tourism event for their area by attracting overnight visitation and delivering long term benefits to the region.
Since it was established in 1997, the Regional Flagship Events Program has supported 271 individual events across regional NSW.
On 6 July 2016, the NSW Government announced that the Regional Flagship Events Program would be expanded to include two new funds in addition to the existing marketing support fund. The name “Regional Flagship Events Program” will remain as the umbrella title under which the three funds will sit:
- Incubator Event Fund - supports the establishment of new events (see terms and conditions)
- Flagship Event Fund - supports the marketing of emerging events to increase their profile and encourage visitation (see terms and conditions). B.: Expressions of interest for the 2018 Flagship Event Fund have now closed.
- Event Development Fund – supports the strategic development of proven flagship events as drivers of tourism.
- Regional Flagship Events Program Factsheet(PDF 470 kb)
Eligibility conditions and assessment criteria unique to each of the three funds within the Regional Flagship Events Program are detailed in their terms and conditions. It is recommended that prospective applicants thoroughly read the terms and conditions before applying.
For further information on the program and application process contact:
Visitor Economy Program Stream - Regional Development Victoria
Infrastructure projects under this Regional Infrastructure Fund program stream will create new, or redevelop existing tourism and cultural assets that demonstrate a significant impact on the visitor economy.
In particular, projects must attract increased visitors to the region and deliver an improved experience for those who visit and reside in regional Victoria.
Through the Visitor Economy program stream, infrastructure grants for major tourism projects may be available for:
- projects that showcase nature-based experiences including opportunities in state and national parks
- multi-use and single-use trails in regions with an existing tourism sector
- new adventure or experiential tourism opportunities
- projects that enhance existing tourism experiences or remove barriers to growth of the tourism sector
- projects that support regional Victoria’s development as a year-round destination
For further information and details on the application process please contact your local RDV office or email:[email protected] . Download the Regional Infrastructure Fund - Visitor Economy Information Sheet
Diploma of Event Management scholarships offered for Regional NSW events industry
As part of the NSW Government’s $6 million Regional Conferencing Strategy & Action Plan, Destination NSW has partnered with Meetings and Events Australia (MEA), the peak body representing the events industry in Australia. As part of this initiative, six scholarships will be offered to people in regional NSW to undertake a SIT50316 Diploma of Event Management.
The new partnership between MEA and Destination NSW will offer six individuals from regional NSW a scholarship worth $6,500 each. The scholarship program will be administered by MEA, Destination NSW and the six regional NSW Destination Networks.
Applications close March 30, 2018.
For further information or to apply, visit their website.
Stronger Country Communities Fund
The Stronger Country Communities Fund is investing in infrastructure projects in regional NSW communities to improve the lives of residents and enhance the attractiveness of these areas as vibrant places to live and work.
The NSW Government has committed $200 million for applications to support local infrastructure projects that will improve amenity and help sustain the social bonds at the heart of strong regional communities.
Round two is now open and will close at 5pm, Friday 4 May 2018. For further information, visit their website.
Many of the Murray’s councils run their own grant programs. Please enquire directly with the council tourism manager in your area. Contact details for all tourism managers are located in our Contact Us section.