The Murray Tourism Awards Support Program is in its fourth year and has assisted dozens of experienced and first-time entrants to achieve outstanding success at the regional, state and national level. The Tourism Awards program offers the industry an opportunity for peer recognition which fosters a culture for business development excellence and innovation.
"We entered the Victorian Tourism Awards for the first time in 2017 and were thrilled to win Gold at the State and National Tourism Awards in the Festivals and Events category. The response to winning this award was quite overwhelming, but prior to this, we found the process of writing our submission enormously beneficial. All too often businesses such as ours are completely focussed on the task at hand, and the award submission process allowed us to pause, take stock and assess our festival from the ground up.
Furthermore, the support and professional guidance we received from Murray Regional Tourism and our fabulous mentor, proved absolutely invaluable and I have no doubt greatly contributed to our success - I could not recommend this program more!" David Frazer, Festival Director, Riverboats Music Festival
2018 Murray Tourism Awards Support Program - first-time entrants
MRT is once again offering a program to support first-time awards entrants. The support program offers one-on-one mentoring for Murray tourism businesses to complete their Regional and State awards submissions. Up to 10 first-time entrants will be offered mentoring.
Mentoring will include:
- Initial brainstorming session to discuss your business and how to create your submission
- A review of a partial draft of your submission (2 of the 5 sections) - including written and verbal feedback
- Full draft submission review - including written and verbal feedback
- Ongoing email and telephone support
There is no charge to participate in the support program, however a small entry fee is charged for the Regional and NSW Tourism Awards programs.
To submit an expression of interest, email [email protected] and provide a brief overview of your business and why you want to enter the awards.
- 25th May, 2018 - Regional Tourism Awards submissions due
- 21st July, 2018 - Riverina Murray Awards event (Deniliquin)
- 31st July, 2018 - NSW Tourism Awards submissions due
- 13th August, 2018 - Victorian Tourism Awards submissions due
- 22nd November, 2018 - Victorian and NSW Tourism Awards gala ceremonies
More information about the awards, how to nominate, entry categories and requirements are available via the following links:
For more information on Murray Tourism Awards Support Program please contact the MRT Tourism Projects Manager on (0479) 010 618 or email [email protected]