The Regional Tourism Awards have launched for 2019, and Destination Riverina Murray and Destination Country & Outback have joined forces to deliver a joint program this year. The program offers the tourism industry an opportunity for peer recognition which fosters a culture of business excellence and innovation.
Tourism businesses in the Murray region have enjoyed fantastic success at the regional and state tourism awards over recent years. MRT is continuing its support for the program by offering first-time entrants access to the highly successful MRT Tourism Awards Support Program.
2019 Murray Tourism Awards Support Program - first-time entrants
The program, now in its fifth year, has assisted dozens of tourism businesses from the Murray region to achieve outstanding success at the Regional, State and National level. Up to 10 first-time entrants will be offered one-on-one mentoring to help them write their submission.
Mentoring support offered:
- Initial brainstorming session to confirm your award category, discuss submission requirements and map out how to respond to each question.
- Partial and full draft Regional Tourism Awards (RTA) submission review, with both verbal and written feedback.
- Review of RTA judge's feedback and suggested revisions for your state awards submission.
- Ongoing email and telephone support.
There is no charge to participate in the support program, however, an entry fee is charged for the Regional and NSW Tourism Awards programs. More information about the support program can be downloaded here.
To express interest in participating in the program, please email [email protected] with your business name, contact details and a paragraph outlining why you would like to be part of the program. Expressions of interest close Friday 29th March.
- 29th March 2019 - Support Program EOI closes
- 24th May 2019 - Regional Tourism Awards submissions due
- 27th July 2019- Destination Country & Outback and Destination Riverina Murray Awards Gala
- Aug/Sep 2019 - NSW & Victorian Tourism Awards submissions due (dates TBC)
"We entered the Victorian Tourism Awards for the first time in 2017 and were thrilled to win Gold at the State and National Tourism Awards in the Festivals and Events category. The response to winning this award was quite overwhelming, but prior to this, we found the process of writing our submission enormously beneficial. All too often businesses such as ours are completely focussed on the task at hand, and the award submission process allowed us to pause, take stock and assess our festival from the ground up.
Furthermore, the support and professional guidance we received from Murray Regional Tourism and our fabulous mentor, proved absolutely invaluable and I have no doubt greatly contributed to our success - I could not recommend this program more!" David Frazer, Festival Director, Riverboats Music Festival
More information about the awards, how to nominate, entry categories and requirements are available via the following links:
For more information, contact Karen Oliver, MRT Tourism Awards Mentor, 0479 010 618.